Please click on an item in the timeline to see the event.
February 15, 1946
WCI is founded as Albert Lea Electro Plating, Inc in Minnesota by Russell Henry and Bruce Thompson
Company begins developing electroless nickel plating chemistries and commercial applications for nickel plating
WCI moves its operations to its present location in Rock Island, IL
WCI obtains its first patent number 4113899 for ‘Method of obtaining electroless nickel coated filled epoxy resin article‘ and licenses it to John Deere Foundry
WCI nickel plates 17 separate parts for each of the 5 spacecraft of the US Space Shuttle program
WCI obtains its second patent number 4830889 for ‘Co-deposition of fluorinated carbon with electroless nickel‘ (PTFE)
Wear-Cote is on the forefront of the electroless nickel industry.
WCI obtains its third patent number 6156390 for ‘Process for co-deposition with electroless nickel‘ (PTFE)
WCI becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Great River Industries, Inc as the Henry family retires. Jim Henry remains a consultant to WCI
WCI adds Coventya chemistry products to its product offerings