WCI utilizes a trivalent chromium (III) conversion coating used for immersion, brush, and spray applications which is ROHS, WEEE, ELV and OSHA PEL compliant. It is approved for MIL-DTL-81706B and MIL-DTL-5541F Type II, Form 1, Class 1A and Class 3, Methods A, B, and C.
Our chromium chemical conversion coating is used for aluminum alloys, magnesium, and zinc alloys, as well as a sealer for anodized aluminum. It produces a protective coating on metal, which minimizes corrosion as well as improves adhesive bonding capabilities of the surface.
- Hexavalent chromium-free passivation on aluminum, magnesium, zinc and zinc alloys
- Excellent bare metal corrosion protection on aluminum that is comparable to hexavalent chromium chemistry
- Produces an excellent adhesive substrate when used as a pretreatment for paint and powder coat applications, which results in extended corrosion resistance
- Can be used to re-coat stripped substrates, such as aircraft parts
- Can be used to touch-up products used in the field
- Approved for MIL-DTL-81706B and MIL-DTL-5541F Type II, Form1, Class 1A and Class 3, Methods A, B, and C
- Seal for anodic coatings. Sealed surfaces surpass the requirements of MIL-A-8625.
- Approved as an anodic sealant per Pratt and Whitney PWA 36521 B.
- GMW3059 Compliant – it contains no prohibited substances
- GMW17826 approved material (paint pretreatment on magnesium)